Community Grants Policy
The City of Monte Sereno recognizes the value of Community-Based Organizations and their contribution to residents of Monte Sereno. Historically, Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) have enhanced the quality of life and provided enjoyment for residents. Most CBOs are comprised of volunteers from Monte Sereno and surrounding communities.
Examples of CBO’s include, but are not limited to, service clubs, art, music, or education programs, senior services, and organizations hosting local public events. The City of Monte Sereno has established guidelines for CBOs which allow a fair and equitable opportunity to seek funding grants from the City of Monte Sereno.
Community-Based Organization Grants Evaluation Criteria
- The organization or entity must be a local entity, serve Monte Sereno Residents, or have a nexus to the Monte Sereno Community.
- The organization or entity must provide their services or event free to the public.
- The organization or entity must be a non-profit (Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) or similar).
- The organization or entity must comply with all local, state, and federal laws including but not limited to non- discrimination requirements.
- The organization or entity must be majority volunteer led.
- Funding cannot be used for lobbying activities or political advocacy.
Applications for fiscal year 2023-2024 must be filed by May 1, 2023. The City Council will consider applications at the City Council meeting May 16, 2023, at 7:00 p.m. at Monte Sereno City Hall.
All CBOs who receive funding grants through the City of Monte Sereno must maintain their own insurance policies for their entities and events. In addition, grantees shall agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the City of Monte Sereno, and its elected and appointed officers, employees, agents, and volunteers, of all liability and claims which could arise from their organizations or events.
Applicants may submit their questions or follow up on the grants process through the City of Monte Sereno Clerk’s Office. Contact information is provided below:
Attn: City Clerk
City of Monte Sereno
18041 Saratoga-Los Gatos Road Monte Sereno, CA 95030
Community-Based Organization Grants Application